Welcome to Maryum Islamic Center (MIC):
May The Peace & Blessings of Allah Be Upon You
What is the Maryum Islamic Center?
Maryum Islamic Center is a faith-based congregational organization focused on educational, spiritual, and interfaith activities for the community. Maryum Islamic Center strives to nurture the spiritual health and quality of life for Muslims and to contribute to the wider tapestry of the interfaith community.
What We Offer:
- Family Friday Night Halaqa/ Family Spiritual education and support groups
- Brothers' Halaqa/Mens' Spiritual education and support group
- Sisters' Halaqa/Womens' educational and spiritual support group
- Informational resource and knowledge fund for interfaith interests
- Informational resource and knowledge fund for organizations, groups, or individuals who need information on Islam and Muslims
- New Muslim education & support classes
- Arabic and Qu'ran learning classes
- Islamic Marriage and Family Consultation
- Ramadan Activities and nightly Taraweh prayers
- Ongoing opportunities for congregational worship
Our Weekly Activities:
- Friday Halaqa: After Isha Prayer
- Saturday Halaqa: After Fajr Prayer
Translation and Explanation (Tafseer) of Qur'an. Everyone is welcome (brothers, sisters, and youth)
- Sisters Halaqa: Sundays at 11 am
Please Contact Us for more information
- Come out for an evening of learning and reflection.
Maryum Islamic Center
3280 Pine Orchard Lane
Who: Dr. Hussein Afeefy
Dr. Hussein Afeefy has a doctoral of philosophy of science from Pennsylvania state university. He studied Islamic Law at the Institute of Arabic and Islamic Sciences in Fairfax Virginia. He attended Imam Workshops and other Islamic workshops. He also studied Islamic Finance, Fiqh Al-Usrah and other Fiqh class under well-known Scholars like Dr. Ashibally, Dr. Salah Asawy and others. He presented many seminars and workshops in different Islamic centers and Islamic Schools in USA. He also presented Fiqh Zakah at Maryland University Financial workshop. He was the chairman of the board of trustees at Islamic Center of Maryland.
Refreshments and snacks will be served InshaAllah.
MIC Fundraising Dinner, June 8, 2013